Quantity Surveying Course
Quantity Surveying Course (Part-Time)
Easy Payment Plan Available
Study that Fits your Schedule
Our Advanced Diploma in Quantity Surveying course is an accessible step onto a rewarding career path or higher education. Quantity Surveyors are responsible for calculating the budget and costs of a building project. The role combines managerial work with technical work into one highly skilled position. It’s a highly responsible job and the salary reflects that, but employers are struggling to fill the demand. Despite being a centuries-old practice, Quantity Surveying is a relatively new discipline in academia in contrast to something like Civil Engineering. As a result, employers are facing a skills shortage as the number of graduates is not meeting the number of Quantity Surveyors needed.
The construction sector is one that most people enter into straight from school or college because it’s generally favoured by people more focused on work than study. Diplomas of any sort in Quantity Surveying are rare in Britain, particularly courses which can be done online. The College of Contract Management’s live online Advanced Diploma in Quantity Surveying is one of the first of its kind, making it a stand-out qualification on your CV.
The average salary for a Quantity Surveyor in Britain is £34,000. Unlike some professions, Quantity Surveyors earn more money as they get older and more experienced. The future of Quantity Surveyors is looking technical, with the arrival of Building Information Modelling, which will push salaries higher for anyone who can move with the times. Above all, Quantity Surveyors can become members of the Chartered Institutes CIOB, ICES and RICS, all of which the College of Contract Management is accredited with.
If you want to cash in on this skills shortage in the most financially efficient way possible then our live online Quantity Surveying course fits your needs.
- Qualify for Quantity Surveyor positions.
- Take advantage of a global skills shortage in the industry.
- Have more employment opportunities.
- Improve your salary.
- Our live, interactive lectures give you a real classroom feel.
- We record our live online lectures so you can catch up whenever you like.
- Maintain your income and pay less for the course.
- Study from the comfort of your own home.
- Save time and money on travel.
This Quantity Surveyor course takes 2 years to finish. You’ll do 6 modules each year. We use open-book online exams, 1 per module, to assess your performance.
The course is worth 240 credits that you can then take with you into further education if you wish.
- Fundamental of Engineering Drawings
- Construction and Civil Engineering Technology
- Managing Sustainable Construction
- Construction Project Scheduling
- Methods of Measurements and Estimation
- Tendering and Procurement Process
- Construction Contract Law
- Cost Planning and Control
- Pre Contract Administration
- Post Contract Administration
- Value Engineering
- Construction Claims and Dispute Resolution
- Be at least 18 years old, and
- Have at least a Grade C in GCSE in Maths and English (or equivalent), or
- Level 3 qualification in Engineering/Science including Mathematics, or
- If you have the relevant experience please contact us on [email protected] with your updated CV.
- Upon payment, we will give you access to Moodle. This will be your course hub, from here you can access your lectures, lecture recordings, timetable, course materials and messages.
- We will send you a link every week to the latest live online lecture.
- Your lecturer will deliver interactive live online lectures using shared-screen software.
- You can speak to your classmates during the lecture and add them as Friends on Moodle.
- Towards the end each module you will be required to complete a written assignment.
Period of Study
The Quantity Surveying course takes 2 years to complete. Each Module is 8 weeks long and is made up of 1-2 live online lectures a week. Each lecture is usually 2 hours long and we expect you to do a few hours a week of independent study too.
Total course fee per year is £2,736. Alternatively, you may choose a monthly payment plan.
- Full Payment
Year 1 – £2,736
Year 2 – £2,736
- Monthly Direct Debit
Alternatively, you may pay £270 an upfront fee and a £270 monthly direct debit from Month 1 to Month 23, inclusive. There is no fixed-term contract.
However, paying in full offers you a discounted price compared to the monthly payment plan.
Additional Information: If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact our UK team. The start date of your course is dependent on the enrolment date of your module. The enrolment date is effective from the date of your full payment or monthly payment. You will not receive any award for any partial or module completion. Once you complete Year 1 you will be awarded Advanced Certificate in Quantity Surveying. After the 2-year Quantity Surveyor course, you will be awarded the Advanced Diploma in Quantity Surveying.