Construction Risk Management
Study that Fits your Schedule
Construction projects naturally come with risks, from structural to financial. It is the job of managers, surveyors and engineers to be able to predict these risks and stop them from happening. This CPD short course is designed for precisely these professionals with the goal of giving them the necessary skills and knowledge in construction risk management. These skills will benefit you, your company and your profits.
At the College of Contract Management, we shape our courses for professionals. Subsequently, our course schedule and teaching methods are purposefully designed to suit professionals too. Our lectures are all online where your experienced lecturer will leave you informed and confident in construction risk management.
Anyone hoping to become a member of a professional chartered institute needs to build Continuing Professional Development hours. This course will provide you with 10 formal CPD hours. These break down to 4 CPD hours spent attending your live online lectures and a further 6 hours of independent study using the supplementary reading material we will provide for you.
Once you have completed your 10 CPD hours, we will issue you with an electronic, signed Certificate of Completion that will confirm the CPD hours you’ve obtained. This does not require any formal assessment.
Upon completion of this Construction Risk Management CPD course, you will:
- Understand the concept of construction risks.
- Recognise potential risks.
- Know how to quantify the likelihood and potential impact of risks.
- Be aware of how to implement risk management processes that comply with JCT, NEC and FIDIC contracts.
- Analyse potential risks and create strategies.
- Be able to evaluate the effectiveness of the strategies implemented.
- Be able to manage a risk register.