HND in Business Accounting and Finance
HND in Business Accounting and Finance (Full-Time and Part-Time)
Monthly Payment Plan Available
You can learn whilst you are working
Many people have ambitions to go to university and build a successful career, however, for some life simply gets in the way. The BTEC Level 5 National Diploma in Business Accounting and Finance is a lifeline to anyone who wants to get started with their career in finance without diving straight into a three-year degree course. The course equips students with the knowledge and skills they need to pursue a career or further education in finance. Students who complete the HND course can still attend university but will jump straight into the third year to top their qualification up to a BSc. It is an economically favourable path designed for those who may not have the time, money, means or desire to undertake a full-time university degree.
The HND is a respected and globally recognised qualification awarded by Pearson Education Limited, the UK’s largest awarding body. Completing the HND in Business opens doors directly into employment in industry or into the third year of university. Most UK universities recognise the HND as equal to the first and second year of a degree course.
You will learn a sound understanding of the structure, methods and current climate in the worlds of business and finance. In addition, you will develop transferable skills which will transform your academic and professional future. The main skills include but are not limited to:
- Understanding and using business jargon will impress potential employers. This skill will help make any future projects, essays or presentations you do concise and persuasive.
- Learn how to efficiently and effectively revise exams, structure a first-class essay and analyse reports and case-studies. This will help you to relay your ideas clearly and get you the best possible results in your studies and workplace.
- These will prepare you to sell yourself in an interview, work well as part of a team, deliver engaging presentations and network with people in industry.
- To grow as a professional you must be able to analyse your performance and think about how you can improve. In addition, you will learn how to manage your time and how to cope with and learn from rejection or difficult situations.
- Spreadsheets are an essential part of a career heavily centred in maths. You will also learn to navigate more advanced software used by professionals.
The HND in Business Accounting and Finance is your gateway onto the path of a successful career in finance. There is a lot of money to be made in finance and the HND in Business will set you on the right track for a magnitude of fruitful careers, such as:
- Chartered, Management, Forensic or Tax Accountant
- Accounting Technician
- Internal Auditor
- Corporate Treasurer or Investment Banker
- Financial Adviser, Manager or Risk Analyst
- Investment Banker
- Insurance Broker, Claims Handler or Risk Surveyor
1. A Flexible Course that Works Around You
Studying online is the perfect solution for you if any of the following apply to you:
If you are currently working
After a long day at work, traditional evening classes can be extremely unappealing. By learning online, you can get your HND in Business from the comfort of your home. All our live online lectures are held at weekends and recorded so you never need to miss one.
Working while you study means you’ll have no loss of income, making the online course a sound investment in your future. It could even mean you have the time to gain industry experience while studying, which will make you stand out from other graduates in the job market.
If you don’t want to travel
You may have children, be a carer, have health issues or simply not be ready to move away to university. Whatever your reason for not wanting to or being able to travel to face-to-face classes, learning live online will allow you to study comfortably. We understand that people have commitments and responsibilities outside of their education and do our very best to accommodate everyone.
If you reside overseas
Many people who would like to study for their degree in the UK cannot meet the financial requirements they need to get a Tier 4 Study Visa. Students with this type of Visa can only work limited hours. As a result, for most it is simply not an option. Live online learning means you don’t have to travel to the UK to earn an exact UK qualification. This will allow you the opportunity to work and save money. After that you might choose come to the UK to study the third year at university and get your degree.
Alternatively, UK qualifications are respected all over the world. Getting an HND in Business will help you get an impressive qualification that will further your career and raise your salary, all while maintaining your work and family life. Thanks to The College of Contract Managements unique method of recording live lectures, the time difference for overseas students is not a problem. You can take your lessons at a time that suits you.
2. Technology Brings the Classroom to You
Modern technology is moving faster than traditional university teaching methods. The more prestigious the university, the older and dustier the source material. Technology has transformed our lives so why wouldn’t we use it in education?
Lecturers use engaging presentations, shared screens, live videos and smart boards to bring lessons to life. All lectures are live so you will be able to talk to your lecturer and ask them questions during the live lessons. You can do this verbally or through the typed chat onscreen. All lectures are recorded so if you miss one you can access the recording via Moodle and catch up.
Many universities offer online courses. However, they are not interactive but far removed from a realistic classroom experience. Our courses give you the chance to get the most out of every lecture.
3. Real University Lecturers Deliver a High Standard of Teaching
We can’t deny that a full-time university education will always come out on top. With this in mind, we strive to deliver the highest quality courses possible. We only hire lecturers from top UK universities, so you receive the same teaching as classroom students. Other students will be taking part in the live lectures and you will be able to hear them, creating a real classroom environment.
Once you qualify, you’ll find that employers really aren’t concerned with how you’ve received your qualifications. An online HND in Business is as valuable to you as a face-to-face course. In fact, given that you’ll likely be working alongside your studies, employers will be impressed by your experience, work ethic and drive to succeed.
The College of Contract Management is a Pearson-approved centre so students can rest assured that the HND in Business Accounting and Finance meets the high standards set by the Pearson.
4. An Economically Favourable Option
Not only will you not have to pay the travel or accommodation costs that you would for university, but the course itself is considerably cheaper. Delivering courses online means we don’t have to pay for maintenance, utilities or an ever-expanding campus. Consequently, neither do you. You will instead receive the same qualification for a fraction of the price a university would charge.
Structure of HNC and HND in Business Accounting and Finance
The HND in Business Accounting and Finance is made up of two parts.
Part 1: BTEC Level 4 Higher National Certificate (HNC).
Part 2: BTEC Level 5 Higher National Diploma (HND)
HNC and HND in Business Accounting and Finance Modules
Each module or unit you take is worth credits. Some modules are compulsory and you can earn extra credit by choosing optional modules to supplement your core knowledge. You must earn 120 credits at Level 4 to achieve your HNC and a further 120 at Level 5 to receive your HND.
Each module will be marked as either a Pass, Merit or Distinction, according to the quality of your work. Each credit you earn is given a value according to your grade, the total of which will make up your final grades for HNC and HND.
Level 4 Core Modules (Compulsory)
- Business and Business Environment (15 credits)
- Marketing Essentials (15 credits)
- Human Resource Management (15 credits)
- Management and Operations (15 credits)
- Management Accounting (15 credits)
- Managing a Successful Business Project (set by Pearson) (15 credits)
Level 4 Optional Modules (Choose up to 4)
- Business Law (15 credits)
- Innovation and Commercialisation (15 credits)
- Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management (15 credits)
- Financial Accounting (15 credits)
Level 5 Core Modules
- Research Project (set by Pearson) (30 credits)
- Organisational Behaviour (15 credits)
- Financial Reporting (15 credits)
- Advanced Management Accounting (15 credits)
- Financial Management (15 credits)
Level 5 Optional Modules (Choose up to 5)
- Taxation (15 credits)
- Statistics for Management (15 credits)
- Strategy (15 credits)
- Business IT Systems (15 credits)
- Business Systems (15 credits)
- Developing Individuals, Teams and Organisations (15 credits)
- Human Resources – Value and Contribution to Organisational Success (15 credits)
- Consumer Behaviour and Insight (15 credits)
- Customer Value Management (15 credits)
- Sales Management (15 credits)
- International Marketing (15 credits)
- Brand Management (15 credits)
- Planning for Growth (15 credits)
- Tapping into New and International Markets (15 credits)
- Pitching and Negotiation Skills (15 credits)
We design our courses in line with Pearson guidelines. Likewise, the assignments we set in order to assess your understanding of each unit comply with these. For Level 4, you will be given a choice of topics to base your assignments on. Level 5 you will choose your own topics with the approval of your lecturer. Your lecturer will discuss the length of these assignments with you.
For us to consider your application for the HND in Business Accounting and Finance course you must:
- Be at least 18 years old, and
- Be a fluent English speaker. Overseas students for whom English is not their mother-tongue will need to provide evidence that their English is good enough to keep up with the course. This can be any one of the following:
- IELTS 5.5, with a minimum of 5.5 in both Reading and Writing
- CEFR level B2
- PTE 51
- Or approved equivalent.
Pearson are a leading assessment body in the UK and their qualifications are highly respected across the globe. UK Russell Group universities including Oxford and Cambridge regularly accept Pearson qualifications in their admissions process. Pearson is industry focused. It puts emphasis on its course providers (including the College of Contract Management) teaching vocational and transferable skills which students can take directly into employment or further education.
How You’ll Study
The College of Contract Management uses a virtual study platform called Moodle. This will be the hub of your online HND. You will use Moodle to access your live lecture invitations, timetable, source materials, friends, forums, groups and messages. We advise you to follow the live lectures every weekend but this is not mandatory. You can catch up at your convenience.
How Often You’ll Study
We will invite you to attend 1-2 lectures per week. Generally we schedule these for weekends, usually Saturday or Sunday evenings. Each lecture is 2 hours long and the number of total lectures varies. We will send you a lecture schedule before each module starts to help you plan your time.
We strongly advise you to supplement your guided learning with personal study. This could include:
- Wider reading.
- Practising the skills you’ve learned so far.
- Revising and summarising your notes.
- Discussing topics with your fellow students.
How You’ll Be Taught
Our live online lecturers use similar teaching methods to those they do in university classrooms. You will take part in group discussions and examine case studies. As the lectures are recorded, you can re-watch them at any time.
How You’ll Be Assessed
Towards the end of your module we will email you an assignment. You will have a few weeks to complete the assignment and send it back to us for your lecturer to mark. The assignments are always written essays, you will never be required to travel for an exam. Should you not pass your assignments, you will have chances to retake.
Period of Study
You have the option to study the HND in Business full-time or part-time.
Part 1: BTEC Level 4 HNC (Higher National Certificate)
Full-time: Year 1
Part-time: Years 1 and 2
Part 2: BTEC Level 5 HND in Business Accounting and Finance
Full-time: Year 2
Part-time: Years 3 and 4
The fee for this course is £2,990 per year, so £5,980 in total.
We have two payment options to make payment as easy as possible for you.
You can either pay a one-off payment or split the cost over 2 years via a monthly direct debit. This will amount to an intital payment of £295, then a direct debit of £295 per month for 23 consective months. Please note that it does work out cheaper to pay in full.
We accept all major credit and debit cards. We can provide account details for banks transfer and cheques should be made payable to The College of Contract Management.
How to Apply
To apply to study for your BTEC Level 5 HND in Business Accounting and Finance, simply follow this step-by-step guide to the application process.
- Call or email our UK team to ask any questions and discuss your eligibility for the course.
- Telephone: 01420 481 681
- Telephone (International): +44 1420 481 681
- Email: [email protected]
- You will receive an application form via email. Please fill it in thoroughly and return it. We recommend you keep a copy.
- Send photos or copies of your documents, such as a CV, ID or IELTS certificate. These documents must be valid. We do a webcam identity and validity check before we release your diploma.
- Let us know which payment method you will be using. We will generate an invoice and send it to you.
- Once we have received your payment we will enrol you on course. After that, we will give you access to your Moodle account so you can begin.