TQUK Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training (including Teaching English: Literacy) (RQF)
Introduction to the Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training (including Teaching English: Literacy)
This course, developed by the College of Contract Management, is one of the pathways of the ‘Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training including a specialist pathway’. This Level 5 Diploma programme will be beneficial to a range of trainee teachers such as; individuals who are not currently teaching or training but are able to meet the practice requirements, individuals who are currently teaching and training and are able to meet the practice requirements as well as individuals who have already achieved the standalone diploma in Teaching English: Literacy.
Catering to individuals who are looking for a career exclusive to English, those who take this course will be able to explore all the theories and practical knowledge specific to Literacy. In addition, there are optional units available allowing the student to individualise this course to suit their own interests.
Upon successful completion of this course, the qualification received means you will be able to practice as a teacher once you apply to the Qualified Teacher Learning Skills (QTLS). Furthermore, this Level 5 Diploma will be a great addition to your CV as it will highlight your capability and professional skills to be able to perform well within a teaching role as well as showcase the transferable skills you will gain. If you are looking to accelerate your career further, enrol onto the Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training (including Teaching Mathematics: Numeracy) to expand your knowledge in the teaching field.
Key Benefits of a Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training Qualification
There are multiple benefits that come with taking this course, some include:
- Accredited by TQUK and regulated by Ofqual
- Equivalent to Certificate of Education qualifications in The Framework for Higher Education Qualifications in England, Wales and Northern Ireland
- Upon successful completion, learners are able to apply to the Qualified Teacher Learning Skills (QTLS) and practice as a qualified teacher
- Able to develop practical teaching ability
- Minimum Teaching Practice Requirement put in place therefore, students can by apply learnt techniques
- Optional choices to suit the needs of each individual, including units from the Learning and Development suite
- Build confidence and give yourself an edge over other candidates in the job market.
- Online learning means you can learn from home, no time is spent on travel
- If you miss a lecture, you can watch a recording of it later, at a time that suits you.
- We generally schedule our live online lectures on weekends to suit your schedule.
Learners should take an assessment of skills in English, Mathematics and ICT. A record of their development needs should be kept and an action plan must be made to address it. For trainee
You must be at least 19 years of age.
Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training Course Content
This Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training consists of 6 mandatory units and optional units. Learners should achieve a minimum of 120 credits in total from these units. Learners must achieve minimum of 105 credits from Group A and 15 credits from Group B.
Group A – Mandatory Units (105 credits)
- Teaching, learning and assessment in education and training
- Developing teaching, learning and assessment in education and training
- Theories, principles and models in education and training
- Wider professional practice and development in education and training
- Literacy teaching and learning
- Literacy theories and frameworks
Group B – Optional Units (15 credits)
- Literacy and the learners
- Literacy, ESOL and the learners
Method of Delivery
Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training Course Delivery
- After the payment has been received, you will gain access to Moodle which will be your course hub. From Moodle you can access your lectures, lecture recordings, timetable, course materials and messages for your Level 4 Education and Training course.
- In addition, you will receive a link every week to the latest live online lecture.
- Your lecturer will then deliver interactive live online lectures using shared-screen software.
- You are able to speak to your classmates during the lecture then add them as Friends on Moodle.
- A series of assessments are set after each Unit.
You are given several assignments for the mandatory units and further assignments for each optional unit. Assessment methods such as written essays, a portfolio of teaching evidence and observation of teaching or training will be used.
Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training Period of Study
- You can complete this Level 5 diploma
- Total Teaching Practice hours: 100
- Guided learning hours: 360 hours
- Total qualification time: 1200 hours
- Course format: Online Live lectures
- Assignments: multiple methods of assessments and minimum of 8 observations
The total cost for the Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training is XXX
Alternatively, you may choose a monthly payment plan.
- Monthly Direct Debit
Monthly Direct Debit Payment Plan: £ upfront fee and £ x 4 months (Starting from Month 1 to Month 4 inclusive).
However, paying in full offers you a discounted price compared to the monthly payment plan.
The start date of your chosen course will vary depending on your enrolment date, moreover the enrolment date is the date of your full payment. Upon successful completion of the course, certification is provided.
Please do not hesitate to contact the College by email or phone if you have further questions regarding this course.