Managing Projects with JCT Contracts
Study that Fits your Schedule
Contracts issued by the Joint Contracts Tribunal, known as JCT Contracts, are there to avoid conflict and protect you if conflict arises. Having a JCT Contract for your building project can save you a lot of money by deciding who is responsible for what, well before any disagreements about this occur. The Managing Projects with JCT Contracts CPD programme will fill you in on everything you need to know about drawing up a JCT contract.
This course from the College of Contract Management is intended to be quick and convenient, without scrimping on quality of teaching. You will be taught by a Senior Contract Manager with expert knowledge of and experience in JCT Contracts. You will be able to ask them questions during your online lectures because the lectures will be live. We schedule the live online lectures at weekends in order to fit your work schedule. If you miss one however, you can watch a recording of it later.
Anyone hoping to become a member of a professional chartered institute needs to build Continuing Professional Development hours. This course will provide you with 10 formal CPD hours. These break down to 4 CPD hours spent attending your live online lectures and a further 6 hours of independent study using the supplementary reading material we will provide for you.
Once you have completed your 10 CPD hours, we will issue you with an electronic, signed Certificate of Completion that will confirm the CPD hours you’ve obtained. This does not require any formal assessment.
Upon completion of this CPD course, you will:
- Understand the benefits of a JCT contract and the risks of not having one on a building project.
- Be aware of the concerns all parties may have that should be included in the contract.
- Be able to foresee any conflicts that may arise on a building project.
- Assign which party has which responsibilities.
- Know how to word the JCT contract in order to make these responsibilities clear and not open to interpretation.