Course Fee £1,751
Cost-effective home learning
Our Professional Diploma in Commercial Management course aims to qualify you to apply to become a Chartered Member of the Institution of Chartered Engineering Surveyors.
There are several routes to becoming an MCInstCES, such as an accredited degree, HNC/D or NVQ. This course acts as a top-up for people with these qualifications that are non-accredited by covering specialist Civil Engineering Commercial Management topics to the depth required by the CICES. It is also a continuation of the College’s Certificate in Commercial Management course. The CICES offers 2 Commercial Management specialisms, namely Civil Engineering (Quantity Surveying) or Geospatial Engineering (Land Surveying). Our course is for those interested in Civil Engineering.
If you’re a construction or engineering professional looking for the last step to becoming an MCInstCES, our online course will fit neatly around your work schedule.
Our Professional Diploma in Commercial Management course is recognised by the Chartered ICES. Along with the Certificate in Commercial Management, it is an accessible way to gain Chartered MCInstCES without needing a degree or Higher National Diploma.
- Develop further knowledge in Commercial Management for the benefit of your business and personal skill set.
- Qualify to get direct entry to GCInstCES upon successful completion and become eligible to progress to a Chartered MCInstCES.
- Improve your employability.
- Raise your salary.
- Complete over 3 – 5 years with our flexible programme.
- Spread the cost with our monthly payment plan option.
- Manageable timetable that doesn’t interfere with your work life.
- We use a virtual study platform called Moodle to help you organise your studies.
- Experienced and expert tutors.
- The College of Contract Management is accredited by the CIOB, CMI, CICES, CIArb and Pearson Education, among others.
- We have a great reputation and excellent relationships with many employers in the construction sector.
There are 3 Civil Engineering Commercial Management modules to complete in order to get your Professional Diploma. For details of the module content, please see the individual course descriptions. The modules are:
- Contract Administration
- Business Management
You can take the modules in any order, either one at a time or all together. We’ll give you written coursework for each module, as well as a final assignment. Alternatively, you can choose to take 1 large final assignment that covers all 3 modules, rather than doing coursework. Your final assignment will count for 40% of your overall grade.
To apply for this course you must have at least one of the following qualifications:
- Certificate in Commercial Management
- A Bachelor’s degree or HNC/D in a discipline loosely related to Civil Engineering.
- We will provide you with a Course Guide and then a Course Manual for each module.
- We offer guided learning by an experienced and expert tutor using a textbook.
- Your tutor will be available to message if you need any help.
- We’ll set you assignments which your tutor will mark, as well as a final assignment (the fee for the final assignment is not included in the course price).
Period of Study
The online Professional Diploma in Commercial Management course takes around 450 hours to complete. This is a postgraduate level course, therefore we recommend that you study it part-time over 2 years. However, we do allow you up to 5 years if you need, without any extra cost. Any module can be renewed for a further 12 months if you are unable to complete it. Additionally, we award a Certificate of Completion for each module that you pass.
Professional Diploma in Commercial Management course fee: £1751.
You may choose either full payment or a module by module payment plan.
Monthly Direct Debit Plan
You have the option of using our monthly payment plan.
This consists of an upfront fee of £274 then a monthly direct debit of £274 for 6 consecutive months.
However, paying in full comes at a discounted rate compared to the monthly payment plan.