Course Fee £1,327
Cost-Effective Distance Learning Programme
Commercial Management is an essential practice in running a successful business. It is about creating the right strategies to maximise your profit and establishing the right policies to cement the standards of your business. The College of Contract Management has developed a Commercial Management course in line with the requirements of the Chartered Institution of Engineering Surveyors. We designed our course to be accessible to anyone, however, it is particularly beneficial to construction and engineering professionals looking to gain knowledge and a qualification. Our online course allows you a flexible study schedule without the inconvenience of travelling to lessons.
The Chartered ICES recognises our Certificate in Commercial Management course. Successfully completing this course will make you eligible to apply for Graduate CICES Membership. As a result of completing the Certificate course, you will have the option of continuing to the Diploma in Commercial Management course. This will, in turn, allow you to apply for a Chartered CICES Membership.
- Establish a base knowledge in Commercial Management for the benefit of your business and personal skillset.
- Qualify for the Diploma in Commercial Management course that may then make you eligible for MCICES.
- Complete over 1 – 3 years with our flexible programme.
- Be qualified by the Chartered ICES.
- Spread the cost with our monthly payment plan option.
- Manageable timetable that doesn’t interfere with your work life.
- We use a virtual study platform called Moodle to help you organise your studies.
- Experienced and expert tutors.
- The College of Contract Management is accredited by the CIOB, CMI, CICES, CIArb and Pearson Education, among others.
- We have a great reputation and excellent relationships with many employers in the construction sector.
Commercial Management Course Content
Below are the modules available on the Certificate in Commercial Management Course. For details of each module, please see our Course Descriptions.
- Principles of Estimating (16 lessons and 9 tutorials)
- Measurement (5 lessons and 5 tutorials)
- Introduction to Law for Commercial Managers (10 lessons and 7 tutorials)
- Management (6 lessons and 6 tutorials)
If you plan to take the full Certificate, for your final grade your tutorials account for 60% of your marks and the final assignment 40%.
There are no specific entry requirements to enrol onto this Commercial Management course. However, it will be most beneficial to you if you are working in construction or engineering or seeking similar work. We ask that you also join the CICES as a Student Member. This is free and we will send you the application form.
We can allow up to 2 module exemptions if you have already trained in an equivalent topic at college or university. If you would like to do this then please send us your course transcript and evidence that you successfully completed the course. We charge a £75 assessment fee for each module that you would like to be exempt from.
We also allow you to enrol for individual modules if you would like to gain knowledge of certain topics but not earn the full Certificate in Commercial Management.
- Guided study using an approved textbook.
- Your tutor will be accessible for help and guidance when you need it.
- We’ll issue a Certificate of Completion for every module.
- Free Student Membership to the Chartered ICES.
- A final assignment will cover all 4 modules in order to conclude the course and assess what you’ve learned. There will be an extra charge of £100 for this.
Period of Study
The Certificate in Commercial Management course takes around 1 year to complete, however, we do allow you up to 3 years if you need, without any extra cost. You should allow 50-100 hours for each of the 4 modules, but you only need to do all 4 if you want the Certificate.
The total course fee including the assignment fee is £1,327 .
You have the option of using our monthly payment plan.
This consists of an upfront fee of £118 then a monthly direct debit of £118 for 12 consecutive months.
However, paying in full comes at a discounted rate compared to the monthly payment plan.