Course Fee £906 + Final Assignment Fee £100
Learn whilst you work Cost effective home learning
If you are a trainee quantity surveyor looking for an introduction to Civil Engineering Commercial Management for personal training or as the first stage in a professional qualification, these modules will give you a good start. If you already have an accredited degree or HNC/D in Civil Engineering subjects, or if you have significant relevant experience, you may be eligible to apply for Chartered ICES Membership without taking the Certificate courses (see Diploma course description or access the Institution’s websites at www.cices.org). If you don’t meet the membership criteria, complete the Certificate course first and then take our Diploma course which is accepted by Chartered ICES as meeting the academic requirements for Graduate ICES membership.
Awarding Body: Certificate in Commercial Management is recognised by Chartered ICES.
- Study packs with expert tutor support by post, phone or e-mail
- One year (part-time study) programme (renewable to a maximum of 3 years)
- Instalment plan to spread the cost
- Leading to Graduate Membership of the Chartered Institution of Civil Engineering Surveyors
For detail of each Module see Course Description.
- Principles of Estimating (16 lessons and 9 tutorials)
- Measurement (5 lessons and 5 tutorials)
- Introduction to Law for Commercial Managers (10 lessons and 7 tutorials)
- Management (6 lessons and 6 tutorials)
For the outline content of each Module, please refer to the Course Descriptions. If you plan to take the full Certificate, for your final grade your tutorials account for 60% of the marks and the Final Assignment 40%.
There are no entry requirements for this course but in order to benefit you should be employed in a relevant capacity or seeking appropriate work. You should join ICES as a student member, which is free and we will send you the application form. We can allow module for module exemptions in respect of recognised training or equivalent subjects passed at college or university (up to two modules). Send a transcript of your syllabus with evidence of completion. There is an assessment fee of £75 for each exempted module. If you are not seeking a qualification you are welcome to enrol for individual modules for personal training.
- Study Guides with textbook
- Assignments for marking
- Access to Tutor for help and guidance
- 12 months service contract (2 years for full course)
- Certificate of Completion for each Module
- Final Assignment covering all four Modules to conclude the course (for which there is a separate fee of £100)
- Free student membership of the Chartered ICES.
Period of Study
Allow 50-100 hours per module. You should complete the four modules within two years. You can renew individual modules for another 12 months if you have not finished (up to three years maximum). You can enrol module by module or for all four. We also offer Engineering Geology as an introductory course for those who wish to become surveyors but have not had experience or studied rocks and soils.
The total course fee including assignment will be £1,006.
Alternatively, you may choose a monthly direct debit payment plan. £100 monthly direct debit for a continuous 12 months, however, the full payment is discounted than the monthly payment plan.