Professional Diploma in Forensic Quantum Analysis
Forensic Quantum Analysis, what does it mean? Well, delays within construction projects can occur for many reasons. These delays can cause great financial losses and disrupt whole time schedules. Moreover, it is the job of somebody working in Forensic Quantum Analysis to understand and analyse the financial repercussions of these delays. The delays can occur due to labouring issues, halted financing for the project, severe weather issues or other obstacles. Moreover, a delay itself can cause heightened expenditure and the need for arbitration. A Quantum Analyst will work closely with Delay Analysts, Expert Witnesses and Project Managers alike. Our course at the College of Contract Management will put your best foot forward in your quantum analysis career.
Firstly, at the beginning of a large-scale project, contracts are exchanged between both employer and contractor in order to help everything run smoothly. The agreements set out clear budgets, completion goals and construction requirements. Likewise, the start of the project is the phase of planning is where all contractual obligations should be laid out. By using dedicated software programmes, both contractors and employers will have a strong foundation and timeline for steps to complete the project – known as the ‘as-built’ phase. This software is also useful when claims and disputes do arise.
Quantum analysts can use these programmes to reconstruct where financial errors may have begun. Likewise, with chronologically dated software progress of a project, it is much easier for a quantum forensic analyst to make financial calculations.
The College of Contract Management offers a Professional Diploma in Forensic Quantum Analysis. This one-of-a-kind live online course will give you all the skills you will need to progress as a Forensic Quantum Analyst within the construction industry. Additionally, many of our courses are accredited by professional bodies such as the CIArb, CIOB, APE and ICES.
Even better, you’ll gain a toolkit of knowledge which you can take forward with you into your exciting new career path. Moreover, quantum analysis is a lucrative career path. You can expect an average salary of around £80,000 or more. Furthermore, many firms are consistently looking for experienced quantum analysts as their skills are in high demand.
Key Skills of Forensic Quantum Analysis
Key Skills of Forensic Quantum Analysis
Most importantly, the skills you will learn throughout our course are paramount to learning processes behind appraising financial losses. There is a key framework for assessing the implications of delays financially and it is the job of a quantum analyst to carefully do so. Below are some examples of calculations you will learn during our unique course.
Learning Forensic Quantum Analysis Calculations
Forensic Quantum Analysis is fundamentally explained through logical calculations to determine specific costs relative to other factors such as:
- Labouring costs and overtime pay
- Time delays and lengthening of the project completion
- Damages caused by employers/contractors
- Price considerations and fairness of estimations
- Poor performance by either party
- Negligence or violation of contracts
These calculations are important for accurately defining financial losses within a project’s life-cycle.
Other key skills you will learn:
- Professional development towards your career pathway
- Ability to progress further to an Expert Witness
- Cash in on a skills shortage in the industry
- Increase your salary potential
- Organisation and confidence when calculating
This course will give you the educational toolkit you need in order to become a forensic quantum analyst. Likewise, there is no other course out there like ours. You will gain unprecedented skills within the industry from the comfort of your own home.
If you currently work in civil engineering, construction consultancy, architecture, quantity surveying or a relevant law discipline, you will have adequate knowledge to study Forensic Quantum Analysis.
Your career can be streamlined with this course to become:
- Forensic Quantum Analyst
- Expert Witness
- Construction Quantum Expert
A Flexible Forensic Quantum Analysis Course
By studying our live online course, you don’t have to give up your job or daily commitments. Therefore, it is an excellent career incentive to gain a qualification while working.
In addition, our live online lectures are led by industry professionals and are every weekend. Certainly, throughout these lectures, you can ask any questions you may have through your computer microphone or through text chat. If you can’t attend the lecture live, you do have the opportunity to watch it back in your own time, however, as they are all recorded.
Technology Brings You the Classroom
There is a great social aspect of universities and colleges which allow students to discuss thoughts and ideas. It is important that we did this with our online courses. With technology, we deliver the classroom experience from the comfort of your own home. Therefore, you can access our courses from wherever you are in the world, as long as you have a connection to the internet. Moreover, this allows students from all over the world to gain a UK qualification. You won’t have to worry about the stress of visas or travelling.
Real University Lecturers Guide Your Learning
Most importantly, our lecturers are experts in their field. Of course many have undergone intense training and education in order to bring you the best knowledge in the industry. You will receive all of this from the comfort of your own home. Feel free to ask your lecturer any questions you may have or ask for advice regarding the course material. Most importantly, they aim to make you feel like you’re in a real classroom environment.
An Economically Favourable Option
The prospect of live online courses here at the College of Contract Management means that you can save yourself money. Therefore, by offering courses online, we can reduce fees as we don’t have a large university campus with buildings and staff to fund. Additionally, you will also save money by removing any travel expenses to a traditional education setting by being able to study from home.
Unit 1 – Quantum Determination
1. Introduction to Forensic Quantum in construction claims
- Roles of quantum analyst and approach to evaluation
- Contract forms, variation and delay claims & suspension and termination
- Employer claims of additional payment: contract forms, delay claims (liquidated damages)
- Evaluation process & the basic test “remoteness of damages”
- Head of claims, including new or changed conditions or circumstances, prolongation delay costs, disruption or loss of productivity costs
- Site overheads, including head office & formulas, and profits
- Global claims & total cost methods
- Quantum meruit
2. Evaluating financial information related to a given project recorded in contractor’s financial statements
- Using criteria to assess the report, accounting standards, IFRS & US GAAP
- Sources of information for financial evaluation & the bottom-up approach of tracing costs
- Project financial estimate and identifying cost overrun using top-down approach
3. Able to determine damages in monetary unites based on the findings of delay expert
- Claiming damages for breach of contract, negligence or losses
- Award of financial damages, costs incurred by contractor, loss of profit from damaging event, if loss is related to supplementary work or loss of profit opportunity
- Understanding entitlement by reference to the contract and common law
4. Quantum in construction disputes
- Key cases that deal with head of losses: defects claims, loss of profit, overheads and preliminaries, wasted management costs & other examples
5. Case Law analysis
- Case Law 1, 2, 3 & 4
Unit 2 – Quantum Analysis
1. Understand methodologies of the quantum/damages analysis of direct, indirect and other costs
- Identifying changes in scope, timing work methods, site conditions, specifications, labour productivity and the elements costs are applied and incurred
- Cost variance analysis, comparing original estimate vs actual costs
- Using indices and models such as the measured mile as a benchmark for productivity and issues of error in planned outputs
2. Calculate quantum/damages to produce a compensable claim or defence against Plaintiff’s claim
- Overview of quantum calculations: Extension of Time claims, Man-hour, quantity and cost variance analysis
- Responsibility of contractor and owners: bid error, performance problems, compensable problems
- Evaluation of reasonableness of contractor’s bid estimate, scope changes, productivity loss costs, delay/prolongation, disruption, contractor performance costs
- Calculations of costs, owner damages and incurred damages by owner of contractor’s defective work, defective designs and actual delay or liquidated damages from contractor’s error
3. Analyse loss of productivity caused by late engineering, RFIS and field changes
- Measured mile analysis
- Collaboration with industry studies
- Reasonable of bid productivity, actual productivity and earned value calculations
- Timing of impacting events and cumulative impacts
4. Case studies
- For example: Evidencing and demonstrating losses of productivity due to change in law and/or government regulations
Unit 3 – The Use of Forensic Quantum Analysis by an Expert Witness
1. Determination of forensic quantum analysis by an Expert Witness in construction claims
- Use of quantum analysis by Expert Witness & conceptual skills of Quantum Expert
- Forensic quantum analyst as the Expert Quantum Witness
- Expert Witness approach to application of forensic quantum to his opinion
- Stepped approach to providing quantum opinion and the contractual entitlement hurdles to entitle a claim for additional payment
- Factual entitlement and importance of evidencing causation to allow additional payment with reference to witness statement, and
- Understanding law of evidence and both weight and admissibility in evaluation process and identifying the appropriate valuation methods
2. Evaluation of forensic quantum analysis
- Identifying claimant’s cause of action and the causal requirements
- Working within the requirements of remoteness
- Finding the most appropriate measure of loss, balancing compensation with consequences
- Understanding the requirement of comparisons of equal and equivalent standing, and
- Demonstrating understanding of tender allowances, price considerations and interpreting voluntarily incurred costs as well as ensuring duplication is eroded
3. Identify damages and quantify with appropriate methods, to interpret inclusion for a report
- General principles of an expert determination: understanding instructions, interpreting damages, quantifying damages, understanding causation and converting causation into quantum analysis
4. Quantum in construction disputes
- Balancing costs incurred with entitlement allowed and producing a report
- Converting quantum forensic analysis into an Expert Quantum opinion
5. Case Law analysis
- Case Law 1,2, 3 & 4
Firstly, in order to take our Professional Diploma in Forensic Quantum Analysis, you must have one or more of the following:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant discipline. This includes: Quantity Surveying, Architecture, Civil Engineering or Accounting.
- Relevant experience within a Consultancy role within Law or Construction.
However, if you are unsure of your eligibility, contact our admissions team on email@example.com. We will be happy to help.
The course itself will be delivered live online through two hour lectures. Also, the lectures will be recorded so you can catch up if you miss one. Subsequently, everything you require, regarding lectures and course materials will be available to you through our virtual learning environment Moodle. Furthermore, you can also go back and re-watch old lectures if there is anything you don’t understand. Each module in the course will be followed with an assessment. Overall, during the assessment your understanding of each learning objective will be tested.
Period of Study
Period of Study
Moreover, the course itself will last around 6 months. Furthermore, each week you will be asked to attend a live online lecture on our virtual learning environment Moodle. At the end of each module, you will be required to complete an assessment to prove your understanding.
Total Course Fee: £1,990
Monthly Direct Debit Payment Plan: £300 upfront fee and £300 x 7 months (Starting from Month 1 to Month 7 inclusive).
How to Apply
How to Apply
In conclusion, to apply to study for your Professional Diploma in Forensic Quantum Analysis, simply follow this guide to the application process.
- Firstly, without delay, call or email our UK team to ask any questions and discuss your eligibility for the Forensic Quantum Analysis course.
Telephone: 01420 481 681 (International): +44 1420 481 681
- Next, you will receive an application form via email. Please fill it in thoroughly and return it. We recommend you keep a copy.
- Thirdly, send photos or copies of your documents, such as a CV and ID. These documents must be valid. Additionally, we will do a webcam identity and validity check before we release your diploma.
- After that, let us know which payment method you will be using. We will generate an invoice and send it to you.
- Finally, once we have received your payment, we will enrol you on course and give you access to your Moodle account so you can begin.