Construction Disputes and Avoidance
In construction projects, as with any project, it is very possible for disagreements to arise regarding everybody’s adherence to the contract. If you feel a party involved in the contract is breaking its terms, then you are entitled by UK Law to take them to court. Preferably though, it’s best not to let the dispute get that far. The CPD course in Construction Disputes and Avoidance will prepare you to deal with disputes in the workplace. You’ll explore dispute resolution methods, dispute avoidance and the types of claims that can be presented. In addition, you’ll examine the importance of communication and documentation so that you can put these tools into effect and therefore minimise disputes.
The College of Contract Management designed this short course to give you professional skills without taking time away from your professional life. We teach using live online lectures in order to give you the benefits of a classroom from the comfort of your own home. We schedule these lectures at weekends in order to fit your work pattern. However, if you miss one, you can watch a recording of the lecture at any time. Above all, or lectures are taught by Senior Consultants with significant experience and expertise in construction disputes.
Anyone hoping to become a member of a professional chartered institute needs to build Continuing Professional Development hours. This course will provide you with 10 formal CPD hours. These break down to 4 CPD hours spent attending your live online lectures and a further 6 hours of independent study using the supplementary reading material we will provide for you.
Once you have completed your 10 CPD hours, we will issue you with an electronic, signed Certificate of Completion that will confirm the CPD hours you’ve obtained. This does not require any formal assessment.
By the end of Construction Disputes and Avoidance CPD course, you will:
- Understand the definition and background of ‘Alternative Dispute Resolution’.
- Know the general principles of conflict avoidance and dispute resolution.
- Be able to affect the best methods and techniques to avoid and resolve disputes.
- Be aware of dispute escalation causes.
- Have skills in proactive planning and management that will enable you to successfully raise any contractual issues early.
- Be able to properly use analytical methods and evaluation techniques on interim valuations and claims.