HND in Business Law
HND in Business Law (Full-Time and Part-Time)
Monthly Payment Plan Available
Course Fee Per Year: £2,990
Study while you work
BTEC Level 5 Higher National Diploma in Business Law course
Studying Law is no mean feat, but it is an exciting one. The Law is archaic yet ever-evolving, complex and fascinating and it affects every one of us. Therefore, it is no surprise then that Law is a popular career choice for many and that law courses are so competitive.
The BTEC Level 5 Higher National Diploma in Business Law course is designed to be an accessible route into a career or further education in Law. This law course is generally considered as equivalent to the first two years at university and allows students to top-up to a full degree. Moreover, the College of Contract Management’s live online lectures offers a flexible way to study for a valuable qualification.
In addition, the HND in Business Law is accredited by Pearson, the largest awarding body in the UK. The course will cover practical and academic groundwork to begin laying your fulfilling and lucrative career path in Law.
The BTEC HND in Business Law is your first step onto a highly prestigious career path. A few examples of possible jobs it could lead you to are:
- Business Lawyer
- Finance Analyst
- Barrister’s Clerk
- Chartered Legal Executive
- Company Secretary
- Civil Servant
- Police Lawyer
1. A Flexible Course that Works Around You
Studying your law course online is the perfect solution for you if any of the following apply to you:
If you are currently working:
Our Law course is designed to work around you. Therefore, we have a flexible and manageable lecture schedule so that you can continue to work alongside your studies. Moreover, with no loss of income to worry about, the HND in Business Law is an investment in your future. Also, we offer a monthly payment plan to minimise disruption to your finances.
If you don’t want to travel:
Travelling to attend lectures or evening classes can be difficult, especially with elements like time, cost and frequent delays to contend with. Whether you have children, health issues or too busy a schedule, we understand that travelling is not something many students would choose.
If you reside overseas:
UK qualifications are highly regarded and Law is one of the most respectable subjects there is. England can date its laws back as far as the thirteenth century, no wonder then that a Law qualification from the UK is an extremely valuable commodity all over the world.
Additionally, many overseas students who wish to come to the UK find it to be financially impossible because Tier 4 Student Visas restrict how many hours you can work. Our flexible online course featuring live online lectures from real lecturers allows you to get a respected UK qualification without leaving your home country. This is also an option for students who wish to travel and still gain a superb qualification.
2. Technology Brings the Classroom to You
Technology has opened new ways of communicating, running businesses, even dating. The same is true for learning. Learning online is a growing trend due to its undeniable convenience. Conversely, while universities do offer online courses, they very rarely utilise the technology available, instead of settling for basic slideshows and a hefty reading list.
We decided to use modern technology to make distance learning as much like a real classroom environment as possible. Our lectures are live. Using your PC microphone and live chat, you can speak to your lecturer and fellow classmates to ask questions and discuss topics. Moreover, with shared screens and smart boards, you can see your lecturer write notes on their presentations as the class discusses the topic. Finally, we record all of our lessons so if you miss one you can still watch the presentation, hear your classmates’ questions and your lecturer’s answers.
3. Real University Lecturers Deliver a High Standard of Teaching
Learning online shouldn’t mean lower teaching standards so we select experienced and qualified university lecturers to teach your HND in Business Law. Most importantly, our Business Law lecturers have practised law before turning to teaching so we promise you’ll be in good hands.
Furthermore, the College of Contract Management is approved by Pearson and the HND in Business Law is accredited by them. Importantly, each of our HND courses is meticulously crafted to meet the standards set by Pearson and provide you with the best learning experience possible.
4. An Economically Favourable Option
Not only will you not have to pay the travel or accommodation costs that you would for university, but the Law course itself is considerably cheaper. In particular, delivering courses online means we don’t have to pay for maintenance, utilities or an ever-expanding campus. Consequently, neither do you. You will instead receive the same qualification for a fraction of the price a university would charge.
The HND in Business Law course is made up of two parts.
Part 1: BTEC Level 4 Higher National Certificate (HNC).
Part 2: BTEC Level 5 Higher National Diploma (HND)
Each module or unit you take is worth credits. Some modules are compulsory and you can earn extra credit by choosing optional modules to supplement your core knowledge. Most importantly, you must earn 120 credits at Level 4 to achieve your HNC and a further 120 at Level 5 to receive your HND.
For each module you will receive of grade of either a Pass, Merit or Distinction, according to the quality of your work. Further, each credit you earn is given a value according to your grade, the total of which will make up your final grades for HNC and HND.
Level 4 Core Modules (Compulsory)
- Business and Business Environment (15 credits)
- Marketing Essentials (15 credits)
- Human Resource Management (15 credits)
- Management and Operations (15 credits)
- Management and Accounting (15 credits)
- Managing a Successful Business Project (set by Pearson) (15 credits)
Level 4 Optional Modules (Choose up to 4)
- Business Law (15 credits)
- Innovation and Commercialisation (15 credits)
- Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management (15 credits)
- Financial Accounting (15 credits)
Level 5 Core Modules
- Research Project (set by Pearson) (30 credits)
- Organisational Behaviour (15 credits)
- Law of Contract and Tort (15 credits)
- Company Law and Corporate Governance (15 credits)
- Consumer and Intellectual Property Law (15 credits)
Level 5 Optional Modules (Choose up to 5)
- Taxation (15 credits)
- Statistics for Management (15 credits)
- Business Strategy (15 credits)
- IT Systems (15 credits)
- Business Systems (15 credits)
- Developing Individuals, Teams and Organisations (15 credits)
- Human Resources – Value and Contribution to Organisational Success (15 credits)
- Consumer Behaviour and Insight (15 credits)
- Customer Value Management (15 credits)
- Sales Management (15 credits)
- International Marketing (15 credits)
- Brand Management (15 credits)
- Planning for Growth (15 credits)
- Tapping into New and International Markets (15 credits)
- Pitching and Negotiation Skills (15 credits)
We design our courses in line with Pearson guidelines and the assignments we set in order to assess your understanding of each unit comply with these as well. For Level 4, we will give you a choice of topics to base your assignments on. On the other hand, for Level 5 you will choose your own topics with the approval of your lecturer. Moreover, your lecturer will discuss the length of these assignments with you.
For us to consider your application for the HND course you must:
- Be at least 18 years old, and
- Be a fluent English speaker. Overseas students for whom English is not their mother-tongue will need to provide evidence that their English is good enough to keep up with the course. This can be any one of the following:
- IELTS 5.5, with a minimum of 5.5 in both Reading and Writing
- CEFR level B2
- PTE 51
- Or approved equivalent.
Pearson are a leading assessment body in the UK and their qualifications are highly respected across the globe. Therefore, UK Russell Group universities including Oxford and Cambridge regularly accept Pearson qualifications in their admissions process. Moreover, Pearson is industry focused with emphasis on its course providers (including the College of Contract Management) teaching vocational and transferable skills which students can take directly into employment or further education.
How You’ll Study
To deliver your Law course to you as seamlessly as we can, we use a virtual study platform called Moodle. This will be the hub of your online HND. Importantly, you will use Moodle to access your live lecture invitations, timetable, source materials, friends, forums, groups and messages. Moreover, we advise you to follow the live online lectures every weekend but this is not mandatory, you can catch up at a time and day that works best for you.
How Often You’ll Study
In terms of how often you will study, each live online lecture lasts for 2 hours and you will be scheduled to attend 1 or 2 per week. Moreover, these lectures are almost always held on Saturday or Sunday evenings. However, we do understand you have a social life so attendance of these is not mandatory, but we will give you your timetable well in advance so that you can plan your personal commitments around your lectures.
In addition, it is highly advisable to spend a few hours during the week on personal study. For example, wider reading, re-watching a segment of the lecture that you didn’t quite understand the first time or preparing your assignment.
How You’ll Be Taught
While our live online lecturers use very similar teaching methods to those they do in university classrooms, we use more modern technology to really bring the lessons to life. Of course, you can take notes during the lesson, take part in group discussions and examine case studies, all delivered with engaging presentations.
How You’ll Be Assessed
We will assess you on what you have learnt with one written assignment at the end of every module. In this case, these are all written essays, there are absolutely no exams. Further, your lecturer will discuss the essay title with you and you will receive your mark within a few weeks of submission. Additionally, while you attain credits from completing courses, your assignments will determine your final grade.
Period of Study
Period of Study
You have the option to study the HND in Business Law course full-time or part-time.
Part 1: BTEC Level 4 Higher National Certificate (HNC)
Full-time: Year 1
Part-time: Years 1 and 2
Part 2: BTEC Level 5 Higher National Diploma (HND)
Full-time: Year 2
Part-time: Years 3 and 4
Lastly, the fee for this course is £2,990 per year, so £5,980 in total.
Consequently, we have two payment options to make payment as easy as possible for you.
Firstly, you can either pay a one-off payment, or you can split the cost over 2 years via a monthly direct debit.
Monthly Direct Debit Payment Plan: £279 upfront fee and £279 x 24 months (Starting from Month 1 to Month 24 inclusive). However, please note that it does work out cheaper to pay in full.
We accept all major credit and debit cards. Alternatively, can provide account details for banks transfer and cheques should be made payable to The College of Contract Management.
How to Apply
How to Apply
In conclusion, to apply to study for your BTEC Level 5 HND in Business Law, simply follow this step-by-step guide to the application process.
- Firstly, you will need to call or email our UK team to ask any questions and discuss your eligibility for the course.
Telephone: 01420 481 681
Telephone (International): +44 1420 481 681
- Next, you will receive an application form via email. Please fill it in thoroughly and return it. We recommend you keep a copy.
- Thirdly, send photos or copies of your documents, such as a CV, ID or IELTS certificate. These documents must be valid. We do a webcam identity and validity check before we release your diploma.
- After that, let us know which payment method you will be using. We will generate an invoice and send it to you.
- Lastly, once we have received your payment, we will enrol you on course and give you access to your Moodle account so you can prepare and begin.