Site Management Course
Site Management Course (Online)
Study that Fits your Schedule
Firstly, the CIOB Level 4 Diploma in Site Management is an ideal solution for any construction worker hoping to further their career without giving up their work or home life. So, if you’re looking to move into managerial roles within construction then this qualification is the right choice for you. Moreover, the Site Management course is split into 2 separate qualifications. The Certificate and the Diploma. While both are prestigious CIOB qualifications in their own right, gaining both will give you a complete education in Construction Site Management.
CIOB Level 4 Certificate
The CIOB Level 4 Certificate in Site Management takes 6 months to complete and consists of 3 modules including the mandatory Unit 3-Managing Health, Safety and Well-being in Construction Works. Furthermore, once you have a Level 4 Certificate you will then be eligible to apply for the CSCS White Card.
CIOB Level 4 Diploma
In addition, the CIOB level 4 Diploma in Site Management takes another year (therefore 18 months including 6 months spent gaining your Certificate) to complete and is made up of 9 modules. Once you have a Level 4 Diploma you will then be eligible to apply for the CSCS White Card. Similarly, the qualification develops your ability to plan and programme projects, liaise with stakeholders and oversee large or complex construction projects safely and efficiently.
The Regulatory Qualifications Framework (RQF) now regulates CIOB qualifications. Gaining the Site Management Certificate and Diploma provides evidence to employers and clients that you have achieved an internationally recognised level of qualification. In addition, having experienced Site Managers with this qualification helps employers to satisfy regulatory health and safety and other EU requirements. Moreover, the course develops all the necessary knowledge and skills you’ll need to run a successful construction project.
- Qualify for Site Management positions.
- Take advantage of a global skills shortage in the industry.
- Have more employment opportunities.
- Improve your salary.
- Be qualified by the CIOB.
- Qualify to apply for the CSCS White Card when you have earned the Certificate.
- Qualify to apply for the CSCS White Card when you have earned the Diploma.
- Progress to the Chartered Membership Programme(CMP) to become an MCIOB.
- Provides knowledge and understanding that will help you towards the Level 6 NVQ Diploma in Construction Site Management.
- Potentially use as a step towards beginning a Bachelor’s Degree.
- Following successful completion of the 2-year course, your qualification may be considered for exemption from certain modules on your undergraduate course.
Why choose us?
- Manageable timetable that doesn’t interfere with your work life.
- All lectures are delivered live in order to provide you with an interactive, classroom-like experience. Therefore, you can ask your lecturer questions in real-time and discuss topics with your classmates.
- We record all our lectures so that even if you miss one you can catch up. The live online lectures are generally held at weekends.
- Also, we use a virtual study platform called Moodle to help you organise your studies.
- Real lecturers from British universities teach you, thus giving you the highest quality of education an online course can offer.
- The College of Contract Management is accredited by the CIOB, CMI, CICES, CIArb, APE and Pearson Education, among others.
- We have a great reputation and excellent relationships with many employers in the construction sector.
Site Management Course Content
Candidates for the Level 4 Certificate in Construction Site Management course must do Unit 3-Managing Health, Safety and Well-being in Construction Works then choose 2 other units.
Candidates for the Level 4 Diploma in Construction Site Management course must do all 9 units.
To conclude, you will complete an assignment for each module.
If you have a valid SMSTS certificate, you can claim exemption to Unit 3-Managing Health, Safety and Well-being in Construction Works.
- 03-Managing Health, Safety and Well-being in Construction Works
- 01 – Contractual and Legal Responsibilities
- 02 – Managing Quality
- 04 – Project Planning, Control, Monitoring and Risk
- 05 – Managing People in a Professional Construction Context
- 06 – Organisation of the Construction Site
- 07 – Construction Project Resourcing and Cost Management
- 08 – Managing the Technology of Modern and Traditional Construction Works
- 09 – Managing Sustainable Construction
- UCAS tariff Score 80-120 (current) / 32-48 (2017 onwards) and relevant experience, or
- Level 3 S/NVQ, or equivalent, in a related subject, or
- CIOB Level 3 Award in Supervising Construction Works to Existing Buildings and Structures / Supervising the Construction of New Buildings and Structures, or
- CIOB Level 3 Diploma in Site Supervisory Studies, or
- 3 years’ relevant construction experience
The Graduate Conversion Certificate requires the learner to hold a undergraduate or postgraduate qualification in a non-construction subject and to be working in a management role in the construction industry.
Site Management Course Delivery
- Firstly, once we have received your payment, we will then give you access to Moodle. This will then be your course hub, from here you can access your lectures, lecture recordings, timetable, course materials and messages.
- Next, we will send you a link every week to the latest live online lecture.
- After that, lecturers will deliver interactive presentations using shared-screen software.
- In addition, you can speak to your classmates during the lecture then add them as Friends on Moodle.
- Finally, towards the end each module you will have to complete a written assignment.
Period of Study
- Site Management Certificate course: 6 months
- Site Management Diploma course: 18 months
- We will invite you to attend 1-2 live online lectures per week, these are usually 2 hours long.
- We strongly advise you to set aside a few hours a week to do some studying of your own.
- The CIOB requires you to join as a student member for the duration of the course.
- The CIOB will offer a certificate for individual units, which you can then use at a later date to complete your full award.
If you have a valid SMSTS Certificate:
The full payment is £784 for the Certificate in Site Management course (inc. 2 modules and £103 for the CIOB registration fee).
The full payment is £2,499 for the Diploma in Site Management course (inc. 8 modules and £103 for the CIOB registration fee).
If you do not have a valid SMSTS Certificate:
The full payment is £1,175 for the Certificate in Site Management course (inc. 3 modules and £103 for the CIOB registration fee).
The payment is £2,800 for the Diploma in Site Management course (inc. 9 modules and £103 for the CIOB registration fee).
Additionally, if you have any questions then please email the college at firstname.lastname@example.org, or contact our international centres/career advisers directly. The enrolment date will be the date of your full payment or unit payment. However, you will not be awarded for any partial or unit completion.
Flexible Payment Plan
You may choose the monthly direct debit payment plan.
With Valid SMSTS Certificate
Monthly Direct Debit Payment Plan: £560 upfront fee and £149 x 3 months (Starting from Month 1 to Month 3 inclusive). Includes 2 modules & £103 CIOB fee.
Without Valid SMSTS Certificate
Monthly Direct Debit Payment Plan: £560 upfront fee and £149 x 6 months (Starting from Month 1 to Month 6 inclusive). Includes 3 modules and £103 CIOB fee.
With Valid SMSTS Certificate
Monthly Direct Debit Payment Plan: £700 upfront fee and £134 x 15 months (Starting from Month 1 to Month 15 inclusive). Includes 8 modules and £103 CIOB fee.
Without Valid SMSTS Certificate
Monthly Direct Debit Payment Plan: £700 upfront fee and £134 x 18 months (Starting from Month 1 to Month 18 inclusive). Includes 9 modules and £103 CIOB fee.
However, it does work out cheaper overall to pay in full at the beginning of your course.