Site Management Course
Site Management Course (Live Online)
Cost: Certificate: £1,002 (inc. 3 units and £100 CIOB fee)
Diploma: £3,090 (11 units and £100 CIOB fee)
Option 2: If you do not have a valid SMSTS Certificate
Cost: Certificate: £1,296 (inc. 4 units and £100 CIOB fee)
Study that Fits your Schedule
The CIOB Level 4 Diploma in Site Management is an ideal solution for any construction worker hoping to further their career without giving up their work or home life. If you’re looking to move into managerial roles within construction then this qualification is the right choice for you. The Site Management course is split into 2 separate qualifications, the Certificate and the Diploma. While both are prestigious CIOB qualifications in their own right, gaining both will give you a complete education in Construction Site Management.
CIOB Level 4 Certificate in Construction Site Management
The Certificate takes 1 year to complete and consists of 4 modules. Once you have a Level 4 Certificate you will then be eligible to apply for the CSCS White Card.
CIOB Level 4 Diploma in Construction Site Management
The Diploma takes another year (therefore 2 years including 1 year spent gaining your Certificate) to complete and is made up of 12 modules. Once you have a Level 4 Diploma you will then be eligible to apply for the CSCS Black Manager Card. The qualification develops your ability to plan and programme projects, liaise with stakeholders and oversee large or complex construction projects safely and efficiently.
The Regulatory Qualifications Framework (RQF) now regulates CIOB qualifications. Gaining the Site Management Certificate and Diploma provides evidence to employers and clients that you have achieved an internationally recognised level of qualification. Having experienced Site Managers with this qualification helps employers to satisfy regulatory health and safety and other EU requirements. The course develops all the necessary knowledge and skills you’ll need to run a successful construction project.
- Qualify for Site Management positions.
- Take advantage of a global skills shortage in the industry.
- Have more employment opportunities.
- Improve your salary.
- Be qualified by the CIOB.
- Qualify to apply for the CSCS White Manager Card when you have earned the Certificate.
- Qualify to apply for the CSCS Black Manager Card when you have earned the Diploma.
- Progress to the Chartered Membership Programme(CMP) to become an MCIOB.
- Provides knowledge and understanding that will help you towards the Level 6 NVQ Diploma in Construction Site Management.
- Potentially use as a step towards beginning a Bachelor’s Degree.
- Following successful completion of the 2-year course, your qualification may be considered for exemption from certain modules on your undergraduate course.
Why choose us?
- Manageable timetable that doesn’t interfere with your work life.
- All lectures are delivered live in order to provide you with an interactive, classroom-like experience. Therefore, you can ask your lecturer questions in real-time and discuss topics with your classmates.
- We record all our lectures so that even if you miss one you can catch up. The live online lectures are generally held at weekends.
- We use a virtual study platform called Moodle to help you organise your studies.
- Real lecturers from British universities teach you, thus giving you the highest quality of education an online course can offer.
- The College of Contract Management is accredited by the CIOB, CMI, CICES, CIArb and Pearson Education, among others.
- We have a great reputation and excellent relationships with many employers in the construction sector.
Candidates for the Level 4 Certificate in Construction Site Management course must do Unit 04 then choose 3 other units.
Candidates for the Level 4 Diploma in Construction Site Management course must do all 12 units.
You will complete an assignment for each module.
The RQF credit value of each unit is 8.
- Unit 04 -Managing Health, Safety, Welfare and Risk
- 01 – Planning
- 02 – Project Control and Monitoring
- 03 – Managing Quality
- 05 – Managing Dimensional Control
- 06 – Developing and Managing Personnel
- 07 – Managing Sustainable Construction
- 08 – Contractual and Legal Responsibilities
- 09 – Estimating and Measuring Work
- 10 – Managing Sub-Contractors
- 11 – Managing Mechanical and Electrical Services
- 12 – Managing the Technology of Modern and Traditional Construction
- UCAS tariff Score 80-120 (current) / 32-48 (2017 onwards) and relevant experience, or
- Level 3 S/NVQ, or equivalent, in a related subject, or
- CIOB Level 3 Award in Supervising Construction Works to Existing Buildings and Structures / Supervising the Construction of New Buildings and Structures, or
- CIOB Level 3 Diploma in Site Supervisory Studies, or
- 3 years’ relevant construction experience
- Once we have received your payment, we will then give you access to Moodle. This will then be your course hub, from here you can access your lectures, lecture recordings, timetable, course materials and messages.
- We will send you a link every week to the latest live online lecture.
- Lecturers will deliver interactive presentations using shared-screen software.
- You can speak to your classmates during the lecture then add them as Friends on Moodle.
- Towards the end each module you will have to complete a written assignment.
Period of Study
- Site Management Certificate course: 1 year
- Site Management Diploma course: 2 years
- We will invite you to attend 1-2 live online lectures per week, these are usually 2 hours long. The total teaching time will be 40 hours.
- We strongly advise you to set aside a few hours a week to do some studying of your own.
- The CIOB requires you to join as a student member for the duration of the course.
- The CIOB will offer a certificate for individual units, which you can then use at a later date to complete your full award.
If you have a valid SMSTS Certificate:
The full payment is £1,002 for the Certificate in Site Management course (inc. 3 modules and £100 for the CIOB registration fee).
The full payment is £3,090 for the Diploma in Site Management course (inc. 11 modules and £100 for the CIOB registration fee).
If you do not have a valid SMSTS Certificate:
The full payment is £1,296 for the Certificate in Site Management course (inc. 4 modules and £100 for the CIOB registration fee).
The full payment is £3,360 for the Diploma in Site Management course (inc. 12 modules and £100 for the CIOB registration fee).
If you have any questions then please email the college at email@example.com, or contact our international centres/career advisers directly. The enrolment date will be the date of your full payment or unit payment. You will not be awarded for any partial or unit completion.
Flexible Payment Plan
You may choose the monthly direct debit payment plan.
With Valid SMSTS Certificate
£216 upfront fee then a £144 monthly direct debit for 7 consecutive months (inc. 3 modules and £100 CIOB fee).
Without Valid SMSTS Certificate
£216 upfront fee then a £144 monthly direct debit for 9 consecutive months (inc. 4 modules and £100 CIOB fee).
With Valid SMSTS Certificate
£216 upfront fee then a £144 monthly direct debit for 21 consecutive months (inc. 11 modules and £100 CIOB fee).
Without Valid SMSTS Certificate
£216 upfront fee then a £144 monthly direct debit for 23 consecutive months (inc. 12 modules and £100 CIOB fee).
However, it is cheaper overall to pay in full.