You can learn whilst you are working
This short course will give you knowledge and understanding of the importance of construction project records for effective claims management and complete documentation on every project even large or small from the pre-bid stage of estimating to final project completion.
In addition, the course deals with the modern computer software which makes easy to documentation as it takes many forms and ideally serves to substantiate what occurred during the life of the project. Through a combination of online lectures, lecture materials and supplementary reading materials, course participants will be able to do exact documentation.
The course lectures will be conducted by Senior Consultants who have expertise in the field of construction claims and extensive experience as general contractors.
This course will assist you in gaining your formal CPD hours. If you are hoping to become a chartered member of any professional institutions, you will be required to maintain a record of your Continuing Professional Development (CPD) which will show how you have accumulated your CPD hours. This course will provide 10 CPD hours in total, 4 hours will be from lectures provided by the College and the remaining 6 hours from your own self-study through the supplementary reading materials which are available in Moodle. You will receive an electronic version of a signed Certificate on completion of the project documentation course which will confirm the CPD hours obtained. There is no assessment required to gain formal CPD hours.
This course will provide successful following outcomes:
- Increase awareness of common types of documentation and their place in the project process.
- Able to recognize document circulation, tracking and security
- Paper vs. electronic documentation.
- Increasing profit through documentation.
- Organize file setup and documentation.
- Understand the notification of necessary events in the projects which to support claims.
- Knowledge for ensuring that the correct documents are included within the contract document.
- Ability to use modern software for locating documents without spending time.