Working well in business takes a lot of skills, such as effective administration, time-management, organisation and teamwork. While these skills can be learned on the job, The College of Contract Management has developed the Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Business Administration to give you a kick start. The live online course will not only teach you the valuable skills you need in the workplace, but also get you a recognised qualification to add to your CV.
The Level 2 Certificate is suitable for learners aged 16 and above. It is a well-established way to show employers that you have the professional skills it takes to thrive in a business environment. As well as the above-mentioned skills, you will also explore:
- Understanding work practices and how different roles and departments function within an organisation.
- Personal manners and appropriate behaviour.
- Professional dress code and office/business etiquette.
- Business-like interpersonal skills.
- Professional and appropriate communication skills.
- Supporting colleagues.
If you are interested in a higher level of qualification in this subject then we recommend that you consider the Level 3 Certificate.
- Give yourself an edge above other candidates in the job market.
- The course will prepare you for the workplace then help you to avoid beginner mistakes.
- Impress your employer and above all build your confidence as a professional.
- Learning online means you then don’t need to travel.
- Our lectures are live so you can speak to your lecturer during the lesson. You can also discuss topics with your classmates, giving you the benefits of a classroom from home.
- If you miss a lecture, you can watch a recording of it later, at a time that suits you.
- We generally schedule our live online lectures at weekends to suit your schedule.
- The awarding body is the nationally respected NCFE.
- The Level 2 course has been designed in line with the English Government’s Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF).
To be awarded the Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Business Administration, learners must successfully complete the 5 mandatory units plus 2 optional units.
01 Providing Administrative Services
02 Producing Business Documents and Managing Information
03 Communicating Effectively in a Business Environment
04 Understanding Employer Organisations
05 Developing Working Relationships with Colleagues
Optional ( choose 2 units from the list below)
06 Carrying Out Business Administration Tasks
07 Providing Administrative Support for Meetings
08 Preparing Text
09 Storing, Retrieving and Archiving Information
10 Understanding the Administration of Human Resource Records
11 Using and Maintaining Supplies and Office Equipment
12 Providing Great Customer Service
13 Using Research in Business
14 The Principles of Customer Relations
15 Publishing, Integrating and Sharing Using Social Media
16 Exploring Social Media’s Place in Business
17 Internet Safety in Business
18 Principles of Equality and Diversity in the Workplace
19 Marketing Theory
20 Digital Marketing
21 Principles of Team Leading
There are no formal entry requirements to take this course, however, you must be aged at least 16 years of age.
- Upon payment, we will then give you access to Moodle. This will be your course hub, therefore from Moodle you can access your lectures, lecture recordings, timetable, course materials and messages.
- We will also send you a link every week to the latest live online lecture.
- Your lecturer will then deliver interactive live online lectures using shared-screen software.
- You can speak to your classmates during the lecture then add them as Friends on Moodle.
- Later in the module, you will be required to complete a written assignment.
Period of Study
- The Level 2 Certificate takes an average of 1 year to achieve, but depending on the learner’s motivation it can be achieved quicker.
- Study time: 155 hours.
- Course format: Online live lectures.
- Assignments: 7 (5 mandatory & 2 optional).
In order to achieve the Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Business Administration, you must successfully demonstrate how you have achieved your learning objectives for each unit. This is simply a Pass or Fail since we don’t award grades for this course. If you don’t pass the whole course you can still get a Unit Certificate for the ones you have passed.
The course is internally assessed but externally moderated. You must create a portfolio of evidence in order to show that you have achieved the learning objectives and met the assessment criteria needed to pass.
The main pieces of evidence for the portfolio can include (in no particular order):
- Learner’s proof of work
- Assessor observation – completed observational checklists and related action plans
- Witness testimony
- Record of professional discussion
- Record of oral and written questioning
- Learner and peer reports
Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Business Administration – £339
If you have any questions then please contact the College by email or phone.
The start date of your course depends on your enrolment date. The enrolment date is the date of your full payment.