HND in Marketing
Marketing is a critically important factor in any business. Marketing is ultimately the art of understanding the needs of the customer above all else. Good marketing means prioritising what your customer wants from a product ahead of simply selling to them, which takes time and skill to do. For this reason, good marketeers are highly desired by companies looking to reach their target demographic. Due to this demand, the College of Contract Management has developed a course to help workers boost their career by offering a qualification in Business Marketing.
The Level 5 Higher National Diploma (HND) in Business Marketing is awarded by Pearson, the largest and most popular awarding body in the UK. Correspondingly, this qualification is recognised and respected by employers and universities alike. Whether you’re looking to change careers, give your current profession an extra edge or go to university, this course is a fantastic option for any budding marketeers.
The course is done online so there’s no need to ‘go back to school’ as it were. You can continue with your career while gaining a valuable tool to push it to greater heights.
Whether you are looking to start your career in marketing, study for a degree or change departments in your current company, the HND in Business will help you there. Marketing is used by nearly every business in the world so whatever your interests are there will be something for you. Here are a few of the positions that you could work towards:
- Market Researcher
- Marketing Consultant
- Public Relations Representative
- University Admissions Representative
- Event or Wedding Planner
- Social Media Coordinator
- Proposal Coordinator
- Content Manager
1. A Flexible HND Marketing Course that Works Around You
Studying online is the perfect solution for you if any of the following apply to you:
If you are currently working:
Many people find themselves in the sticky situation of wanting to gain more qualifications without the time or means to do so. Reducing your working hours or leaving your job to study full-time is a real financial dilemma, no matter how much it will increase your salary in the long run. For this reason we have made it possible to get your HND in Business Marketing without sacrificing your job.
We know how unappealing the thought of attending evening classes is after an exhausting day at work. Our live online lectures are designed to enable you to fit classes around your schedule. Whether you work office hours or shifts, we cater to your needs.
If you don’t want to travel:
Travelling to lectures can be an expensive and time-consuming nuisance. Whether you have a family, health issues or live in the back of beyond, it is likely to be a lot easier for you to study at home. With our live online lectures you can learn effectively and efficiently without leaving your house. As such, 100% of the hours you sacrifice to your HND each week will be spent learning.
If you reside overseas:
The College of Contract Management is emphatically inclusive and gives students from all over the world the opportunity to study for a highly respected UK qualification. There has been a huge rise in recent years of international students in the UK. The prestige of holding a UK qualification is world-renowned but until lately it has only really been an option for very wealthy students. This is because a Tier 4 Student Visa limits the number of hours that an overseas student can work.
The online HND solves this problem. Studying online allows you to gain your qualification in HND Business Marketing without travelling to the UK, thereupon opening up your options. For example, you may be working in a relevant industry already and gaining the HND in Business will put you at the front of the queue for promotion. Alternatively, you may have ambitions of attending a UK university but not meet the entry or financial requirements. Learning online will allow you to work and save money while you earn a qualification which is accepted by many UK universities.
2. Technology Brings the Classroom to You
There is a common misconception that online courses are of dramatically lower quality than college or university courses. Some of them are, undoubtedly. Even online courses provided by universities themselves tend to have very little contact time with a lecturer. They generally use standard university teaching methods that simply don’t fit with online courses or modern life, such as expecting online learners to visit the university library.
Consequently, we made our HND in Business Marketing a bit different. Each lecture is live so you can ask questions and discuss topics with your lecturer and fellow classmates as you would in a face-to-face lesson. This camaraderie is hugely beneficial to your understanding, enjoyment and motivation. Our UK team are based near London and are contactable by phone or email to provide you with support whenever you need it. We use modern and interactive technology to bring all the benefits of a classroom to your home.
3. Real University Lecturers Deliver a High Standard of Teaching
A face-to-face university education will always come out on top but we strive to bring you courses of the highest quality we can. We only hire real university lecturers with experience and specialism in the subject they’ll teach you. All our HND in Business Marketing lecturers have qualified in, practised and taught marketing for years. The live, interactive element of the lectures mean you’ll be able to establish a good relationship and work towards your goals together.
The College of Contract Management is accredited with Pearson. Subsequently, our courses all meet the high standards required and awarded by them.
4. An Economically Favourable Option
Online learning is a fantastic investment in your future. As well as being able to work and save on travel, we charge you less. As we don’t need to pay for the maintenance or staff that universities do, we are able to offer you a valuable qualification for a significantly lower price.
Employers are looking for the skills and attitude they want in a member of their team. Where you get these skills from doesn’t matter very much. Studying for your HND in Business Marketing alongside your job or other responsibilities shows discipline and determination that will impress employers.
The HND in Business Marketing is made up of two parts.
Part 1: BTEC Level 4 Higher National Certificate (HNC).
Part 2: BTEC Level 5 Higher National Diploma (HND)
Modules for HND Business Marketing
Each module or unit you take is worth credits. Some modules are compulsory and you can earn extra credit by choosing optional modules to supplement your core knowledge. You must earn 120 credits at Level 4 to achieve your HNC and a further 120 at Level 5 to receive your HND.
Each credit you earn is given a value according to your grade, the total of which will make up your final grades for HNC and HND.
Level 4 Core Modules (Compulsory)
- Business and Business Environment (15 credits)
- Marketing Essentials (15 credits)
- Human Resource Management (15 credits)
- Management and Operations (15 credits)
- Management and Accounting (15 credits)
- Managing a Successful Business Project (set by Pearson) (15 credits)
Level 4 Optional Modules (Choose up to 4)
- Business Law (15 credits)
- Innovation and Commercialisation (15 credits)
- Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management (15 credits)
- Financial Accounting (15 credits)
Level 5 Core Modules
- Research Project (set by Pearson) (30 credits)
- Organisational Behaviour (15 credits)
- Product and Source Development(15 credits)
- Integrated Marketing Communications (15 credits)
- Digital Marketing (15 credits)
Level 5 Optional Modules (Choose up to 5)
- Taxation (15 credits)
- Statistics for Management (15 credits)
- Business Strategy (15 credits)
- IT Systems (15 credits)
- Business Systems (15 credits)
- Developing Individuals, Teams and Organisations (15 credits)
- Human Resources – Value and Contribution to Organisational Success (15 credits)
- Consumer Behaviour and Insight (15 credits)
- Customer Value Management (15 credits)
- Sales Management (15 credits)
- International Marketing (15 credits)
- Brand Management (15 credits)
- Planning for Growth (15 credits)
- Tapping into New and International Markets (15 credits)
- Pitching and Negotiation Skills (15 credits)
We will assess your progress at the end of each module by means of a written assignment. For HNC modules you will be given suggested essay questions while for HND modules you will think of them yourself. Each assignment will be marked as ‘Pass’, ‘Merit’ or ‘Distinction’ and collectively with your credits will make up your final grade.
For us to consider your application for the HND course you must:
- Be at least 18 years old, and
- Be a fluent English speaker. Overseas students for whom English is not their mother-tongue will need to provide evidence that their English is good enough to keep up with the course. This can be any one of the following:
- IELTS 5.5, with a minimum of 5.5 in both Reading and Writing
- CEFR level B2
- PTE 51
- Or approved equivalent.
Pearson are a leading assessment body in the UK and their qualifications are highly respected across the globe. UK Russell Group universities including Oxford and Cambridge regularly accept Pearson qualifications in their admissions process. Pearson is industry focused with emphasis on its course providers (including the College of Contract Management) teaching vocational and transferable skills which students can take directly into employment or further education.
How You’ll Study
To make your online learning experience as easy to manage as possible, we use a virtual study platform called Moodle. This will be your online hub for the duration on your course. On Moodle you will find your lecture recordings, learning resources, timetable, friends list, forum and messages.
Each lecture will be delivered via a live web link. We will send you this link in the form of an online invitation via email.
How Often You’ll Study
Each lecture is 2 hours long. For the HND in Business course we will hold 1-2 live lessons a week. These are held on Saturday and Sunday evenings, if a lecture is at a different time we will let you know well in advance.
We highly recommend spending a few hours a week on personal study. This will enhance your understanding of each topic and raise your grade. Personal study might include:
- Pre-reading before a lecture so as to introduce yourself to the topic before the class.
- Wider reading of topics that particularly interest you or that you find more difficult.
- Keeping a log for each lessons, summarising the key things you’ve learned.
How You’ll Be Taught
As we pride ourselves in providing you with a classroom environment during our live online lectures, your lecturer will use much the same methods to teach you as they do in their lecture theatres. You will have class discussions, examine case studies and demonstrate the skills you have learned.
How You’ll Be Assessed
Towards the end of your module we will email you the brief for your written assignment. You will have a few weeks to complete the assignment and send it back to us to be marked. We will send you your results within a few weeks; don’t worry if you fail, there will be a chance to retake.
Period of Study
You have the option to study the HND in Business Marketing full-time or part-time.
Part 1: BTEC Level 4 Higher National Certificate (HNC)
Full-time: Year 1
Part-time: Years 1 and 2
Part 2: BTEC Level 5 Higher National Diploma (HND)
Full-time: Year 2
Part-time: Years 3 and 4
The fee for this course is £2,990 per year, so £5,980 in total.
We have two payment options to make payment as easy as possible for you.
You can either pay a one-off payment or split the cost over 2 years via a monthly direct debit. This will amount to an intital payment of £295, then a direct debit of £295 per month for 23 consective months. Please note that it does work out cheaper to pay in full.
We accept all major credit and debit cards. We can provide account details for banks transfer and cheques should be made payable to The College of Contract Management.
How to Apply
To apply to study for your BTEC Level 5 HND in Business Marketing, simply follow this step-by-step guide to the application process.
- Call or email our UK team to ask any questions and discuss your eligibility for the course.
Telephone: 01420 481 681
Telephone (International): +44 1420 481 681
Email: [email protected]
- You will receive an application form via email. Please fill it in thoroughly and return it. We recommend you keep a copy.
- Send photos or copies of your documents, such as a CV, ID or IELTS certificate. These documents must be valid. We do a webcam identity and validity check before we release your diploma.
- Let us know which payment method you will be using. We will generate an invoice and send it to you.
- Once we have received your payment, we will enrol you on course and give you access to your Moodle account so you can prepare and begin.