Live Online Managment and Leadership Course
Level 5 Diploma in Principles of Management and Leadership
Full Payment (incl the NCFE Fee £200) £ 1,690
RQF (Government Regulated Programme)
Part Time Course
You can learn whilst you are working
This qualification is suitable for learners aged 18 and above. It has been designed for team leaders and junior managers across a wide range of roles within both the public and private sectors. The qualification allows learners to apply their knowledge to the national standard required by employers and can form the knowledge-based element of the Higher-Level Apprenticeship in Leadership and Management.
The course is designed to help you become a highly skilled professional. The course content provides you with a thorough knowledge, and the essential skills and talents to work successfully in a highly skilled management role.
This well-established qualification is set to level 5 and gives learners skills to study independently and develop excellent organisational skills preparing them for a career in middle management.
This management and leadership course is the right choice if you wish to work as a highly skilled individual in a vibrant business environment.
This qualification helps learners to develop knowledge and skills that employers look for when filling a managerial role.
The course will open up many progression opportunities, learners who achieve this qualification could progress to:
- Higher Apprenticeship in Management and Leadership Course
- CMI Level 6 Diploma in Management and Leadership Course
- Pearson Edexcel Level 7 NVQ Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership Course
- Learners can also progress into or within employment upon successful completion of this qualification.
To be awarded the NCFE Level 5 Diploma in Principles of Management and Leadership, learners are required to successfully achieve 40 credits, 10 from the mandatory unit and 30 from optional units. 35 out of 40 have to have at least unit level 5:
|Unit 01||Principles of management and leadership||10||5|
|Unit 02||Management of change||5||5|
|Unit 03||Management activities||10||5|
|Unit 04||Developing successful business teams||5||5|
|Unit 05||Personal development||5||5|
|Unit 06||Recruitment and selection||5||5|
|Unit 07||Financial awareness for managers||5||5|
|Unit 08||Marketing principles for managers||5||5|
|Unit 09||Management decision making||10||5|
|Unit 10||Leadership in your organisation||5||5|
|Unit 11||Managing staff performance||5||5|
|Unit 12||Customer relationship management||5||5|
|Unit 13||Managing projects||10||5|
|Unit 14||Managing budgets||5||5|
|Unit 15||Quality management in an organisation||5||6|
|Unit 16||Principles of strategic management||5||6|
|Unit 17||Managing innovation in an organisation||5||6|
|Unit 18||Managing communications at work||5||4|
- This qualification is designed for adult learners from the age of 18 and above
- A level 4 qualification or previous relevant managerial experience can be beneficial but are not essential
Period of Study
- Level 5 can be achieved in a year, but depending on the learner’s motivation can be achieved quicker.
- Study time: 240 hours
- Course format: Online live lectures
- Assignments: 40 credits, 10 from the mandatory unit and 30 from the optional units. 35 out of 40 credits have to have at least unit level 5
- Course materials will be delivered through study portal
- Live online & recording lectures will be held, and you can ask questions during your lectures
- You can interact with your fellow course students
- You will study from the convenience of your home but feel as if you are in a classroom
- The Lecturer’s computer screen will be shared by utilising video conferencing software
To achieve the Level 5 Diploma in Principles of Management and Leadership, learners must successfully demonstrate their achievement of all learning outcomes and assessment criteria of the units. Grades are not awarded. A unit certificate can be requested for learners who don’t achieve their full qualification but who have achieved at least one whole unit.
The Level 5 Diploma in Principles of Management and Leadership is internally assessed and externally moderated. Each learner must create a portfolio of evidence which demonstrates achievement of all the learning outcomes and assessment criteria. On completion of each unit, learners must declare that the work produced is their own. The Assessor must countersign this.
The main pieces of evidence for the portfolio can include (in no particular order):
- Learner’s proof of work
- Assessor observation – completed observational checklists and related action plans
- Witness testimony
- Record of professional discussion
- Record of oral and written questioning
- Learner and peer reports
The total course fee is £1,490
If you need to discuss anything, please contact the college. The start date of your course is dependent on the enrolment date of your course. The enrolment date is effective from the date of your full payment.