Certificate in Claims Preparation and Dispute Management Course
- Direct entry to become ACIArb upon successful completion of our claims preparation course
- Face-to-face training course
- 6-day programme over 3 weekends through live online sessions
- Conducted globally
- Recognised for National Occupational Standards (NOS) (Course Ref: R072)
Live online video sessions will be on 18th, 19th, 25th , 26th September and 2nd & 3rd October 2021 from 3pm to 7.30pm UK time
Preparing an effective claim takes strategy and skill. A robust and convincing claim should be planned, precise and well-presented in order to maximise the potential for recovering potential losses. Moreover, with a convincing claim, an amicable solution to any dispute can soon be negotiated for the benefit of both parties.
Correspondingly, the College of Contract Management is offering an intensive claims preparation course that will provide concise and effective training for professionals in the construction industry. Because we are approved providers for the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, our course offers you the chance to become an ACIArb. Moreover, our 4-day course provides you with the competencies required by the CIArb in order to become an Associate. As a result, the Certificate in Claims Preparation and Dispute Management that you’ll earn upon successful completion of the course and assignment is accepted by the CIArb.
The claims preparation course will be held at a 5-star hotel and in between your complimentary refreshments and buffet lunch. You will be trained in all the main forms of contract, such as FIDIC, NEC and JCT. In addition, you will study sample claim documents, case law analysis and practical examples and case studies.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Manage project documentation
- Implement procedures for record-keeping
- Provide contractual advice
- Evaluate change orders
- Prepare effective claims
- Determine liability and quantify damages
- Delay analysis techniques
- Assess merits and defend claims
- Analyse dispute resolution methods
- Avoid disputes or find resolutions
Benefits to Employers
Having your employees as Associate Members of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, of course, raises your company’s profile in itself. Furthermore, the training they receive will enable them to bring the following skills to your business:
- Dealing effectively with the documentation for project entitlements and construction claims.
- Developing familiarity with contractual entitlements and obligations.
- Determining entitlement to an extension of time.
- Quantifying claims as well as determining causation for income management.
- Preparing a high-standard claims report.
- Maximising revenue while recovering potential losses.
- Providing relief under pressure in order to deliver complex projects on time and within budget.
- Increasing the probability of successful resolution of the dispute.
- Managing disputes in the field of Non-Court Dispute Resolution.
The following 4 days (6 hours per day) curriculum is split to 6 days (4 hours per day) but total learning hours haven’t been changed.
- Law of the Contract
- Introduction to Claims
- Claims Under the Contract
- Standard Forms and Applications
- Payment Methods
- Change Orders
- Group Exercises
- Projects and Problems
- Claims Relating to Time
- Claims relating to Money
- Group Exercises
- Common Heads of Loss
- Procedures/Processes of Claims
- Steps in accordance with FIDIC
- Preparing Successful Claims
- Research and Investigating Project Documentation
- Delay Analysis Using Planning Techniques
- The Programme in a Claim Situation
- Selecting a Delay Analysis Method
- EOT Assessment and Analysis Techniques
- Extension of Time Submissions
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Dispute Adjudication Boards (DAB)
- Arbitration Procedure
- Law Analysis
Upon successful completion of the Claims Preparation and Dispute Management course, we will then provide you with an online, open-book exam. Then you will need to pass this in order to get your Certificate in Claims Preparation and Dispute Management. Moreover, while we recommend completing the exam while the knowledge you’ve learned is still fresh in your mind, you will have up to three years (from the date of your enrolment) to complete it.
This course is designed particularly for the benefit of, but not limited to:
Contract Engineers I Administrators
Benefits for Participants
- Qualify for direct entry to the CIArb as an Associate member.
- Gain valuable knowledge and skills that will then benefit you throughout your career.
- Gain formal CPD hours.
- Increase your employability.
- Potentially increase your salary.
- Develop your career into Commercial/Contract Management or Claims.
Total Course Fee
- Single Registration: £1,098 per participant
- Group Registration: £1,058 per participant (minimum 3 candidates)
A minimum of 3 candidates is required for group registration, however, if you register with more than 3 candidates you will be offered a further discount.
You can pay online or alternatively by bank transfer to the College of Contract Management:
Sort Code: 20-45-45
Account No: 43262177
Bank: Barclays Bank
For International Payment:
SWIFT Code: BARCGB22
The College’s website has easy access for registration, either single or group candidates and with secure online payments through the checkout process.
If you have difficulties with registration and online payment, the College also accepts registration via email and can offer easy payment options. If the course fee is being paid by a company then we can issue an invoice on receipt of a purchase order or email confirmation.
Should you have any questions at all then please contact our team on email@example.com or alternatively +44 (0) 1420 481 681.