- Face-to-Face Training Course
- 4-Day Programme
- Recognised for National Occupational Standards (NOS) (Course Ref: R072)
A Site Contract Manager differs from a Site Manager in that they have a thorough knowledge of the contract and documents involved on their construction project. This enables them to provide better evidence and therefore stronger claims. A Change Manager deals with small changes made throughout a construction project, for instance changes in design, conditions or owner-initiated changes. This also requires a comprehensive understanding of the contracts and documents behind a project.
The College of Contract Management is running a 4-day, face-to-face training course in Site Contract Management & Change Management. The course is designed to give you or your employees the skills and knowledge you need in order to successfully understand contracts, build evidence, make claims and process changes to a project.
By the end of the Site Contract Management and Change Management course, you should be able to:
- Establish cost of change orders.
- Provide contractual and commercial advise on how to approach issues.
- Monitor true field productivity.
- Calculate prices through front end estimating.
- Prepare a Change Order proposal.
- Speed up and streamline the change order process by using BIM technology.
- Know where you stand in real time financially.
- Consider all potential liabilities.
- Consider the schedule overview of significant changes.
- Make money through change orders.
- Improve your contractual and financial position.
Benefits to Employers
Many of our clients are employers looking to build their team’s skills. Having your employees trained in Site Contract Management and Change Management is a great investment in your business. Some of the benefits include:
- Avoid loss by dealing issues at early stage.
- Avoid failing to procure a written change order.
- Awareness of your contractual entitlement to additional time and recover cost from loss.
- Ability to give advice for mitigating the losses.
- Skills to follow adequate documentation and record keeping for change order process.
- Ability to administrative for change order which involves creating, issue or receive various type of documents by the parties involved.
- Awareness of timeliness of notification and response without delay.
- Most litigation and construction disputes can be avoided or minimised if managing change orders.
- Maximise income of projects.
- Basics and Types of Changes
- Causes and Effects of Change Orders
- Controls of Change Orders
- Impacts and Costing Changes
- Subcontractor’s Contractual Activities and Requirements
- On-time Notifications and Dealing with Correspondence
- Change Order Administration
- Change Management Process
- Change Management Approaches
- Variation Orders at the Design Stage
- Research Methods
- Case Studies
- Defining Change Order Cost Components
- Identify Potential Change
- Preparing and Processing Changes/Variations
- Engage Contract Correspondence
- Issuing Notices of all Potential Claims under Contract Provisions
- Case Studies
- Classifications of Claims
- Preparing and Processing Applications for Extension of Time
- Raising or Defending Claims and Process due to Forms of Contract
- Negotiating Agreed Price and Terms
- Effective Communication and Report Writing
- Case Studies
A sound understanding of contracts is certainly beneficial to anyone within the construction industry. However, the Site Contract Management and Change Management course is particularly beneficial to:
All professionals who directly contribute to projects
Benefits of Participants
- Earn formal CPD hours.
- Gain transferrable skills for the benefit of your project, company and your own career.
- Potentially move into managerial contract or change positions.
- Network with fellow industry professionals.
- Potentially increase your salary.
Total Course Fee
- Single Registration: US $1,390 per participant
- Group Registration: US $1,290 per participant
The Course Fee excludes overnight hotel stay.
You can pay online at www.theccm.co.uk .
Alternatively, pay by bank transfer to:
College of Contract Management
Sort Code: 60-01-13
Account No: 44129122
Bank: NatWest Bank
For International Payment
SWIFT Code: NWBKGB2L
Geoff Schmitt is a Chartered Quantity Surveyor and Fellow Member of the Chartered Institution of Civil Engineering Surveyors, the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors, and the Chartered Institution of Arbitrators.
Geoff has over 50 years’ experience dealing with all aspects of contract management, claim submissions, claim defence, dispute resolution and presenting and defending cases in dispute resolution on behalf of Government, Developers, Contractors and Sub-Contractors in the UK, the Middle East, Far East,, Europe, and Africa.
This has been on a wide range of civil engineering and building projects including hydro-electric, water supply, sewage treatment, process facilities, pipelines, marine works, expressways, railways, reclamations, submarine pipelines and a wide range of building projects including commercial, retail, education and development projects.
Geoff is highly experienced in Commercial and Claims Management, quantum issues, contract documentation and Dispute Resolution both in the promotion and defence of claims including acting as a Quantum Expert Witness in arbitral and legal proceedings on Traditional, Design and Build, Management and EPC contracts. He is an experienced expert witness.
He has been involved as an experienced lecturer and trainer in a number of programmes.
The College’s website has easy access for registration, either single or group candidates, with secure online payments through the checkout process.
If you have difficulties with registration and online payment, the College also accepts registration via email and can offer easy payment options. If the course fee is being paid by a company, we can issue an invoice on receipt of a purchase order or email confirmation.
Our admission team is keen to assist visa application of overseas participants, airport pick-up and overnight hotel stay. Our admission coordinators will be contactable on
email@example.com or alternatively +44 (0) 1420 85999.