Cost Engineering Online Programme
The Advanced Diploma in Cost Engineering will give you an effective start to your professional career or give you a step up to higher education. Most students who complete this online Cost Engineering course then become Cost Engineers, Cost Controllers or Estimators, or go on to complete a Bachelor’s Degree at university. An Advanced Diploma is a well-respected qualification in industry wherefore employers value the skills that you gain on this programme. It can lead to a rewarding professional career for both men and women in the construction industry. The Cost Engineering course is designed to teach you the methods, principles, techniques and terminology that will then enable you to work as a successful Cost Engineering professional.
At the College of Contract Management, we teach all our courses live online, thereby enabling you to continue working full-time while you study. As a result, you benefit from a classroom environment from the comfort of your own home. As the lecturers are live, you will therefore be able to ask your lecturer questions throughout the lesson. In order to help you manage your study, we record all our live online lectures so that you can catch up.
The completed Advanced Diploma in Cost Engineering is worth 240 credits which you can then take with you to further education. The Cost Engineering course content is set at an intermediate undergraduate level. It places academic theory in a practical context as well as preparing you to join an undergraduate degree course in the UK or overseas.
- You’ll fill a skills shortage in the industry.
- Abundant employment opportunities.
- Lucrative promotion opportunities.
- A step onto a university degree programme.
- You’ll learn the construction engineering methods, principles, techniques and terminology that employers want.
- Your knowledge and skills will maximise your employer’s chance of increasing profitability.
- You can continue to work full-time while you study.
- Flexible schedule and manageable hours are perfect for working, busy or international students.
- Live online lectures give a classroom feel from home.
- All lectures are delivered by first-class British university lecturers.
This Cost Engineering course takes two years to complete. Each academic year consists of 6 core modules. We will assess your performance with 1 assignment per module, namely by open-book online exams.
- Fundamentals of Engineering Drawings
- Construction and Civil Engineering Technology
- Construction Materials and Scope of Works
- Project Scheduling
- Method of Measurements and Estimation
- Construction Procurement and Tendering
- Pricing and Tendering Strategies
- Construction Economics
- Project Cost Control
- Risk Management
- Value Engineering
- Cost Planning and Reporting
- Minimum 18 years old, and
- Minimum Grade C in GCSE in Maths and English (or equivalent), or
- Level 3 qualification in Engineering/Science including Mathematics, or
- If you have the relevant experience please contact us on email@example.com with your updated CV
We will deliver your course through our online virtual study platform, called Moodle. From Moodle you will access:
- Your live online lectures. You and your lecturer will have a shared screen so that you can work through ideas together.
- Your course materials and Cost Engineering resources.
- Recordings of the live online lectures that you can watch at any time.
- Messages to and from your lecturer and classmates.
- Your friends list.
Period of Study
The Advanced Diploma in Cost Engineering is a 2-year programme. We will invite you to attend 1-2 live lectures a week and each lecture will be 2 hours long. We strongly advise spending a few hours a week on independent study, in addition to the time you spend on your assignments.
Each module is 8 weeks long. You will have up to 6 weeks to complete your open book exam and after your results, you will be able to resubmit if you wish. While you are completing your assignment we will offer live online revision and Q&A sessions in order to help you.
Total course fee per year is £2,856 or alternatively, you may choose an instalment payment plan
Year 1 – £2,856
Year 2 – £2,856
Monthly Direct Debit Payment Plan
Alternatively, try our Monthly Direct Debit Payment Plan: £280 upfront fee and £280 x 23 months (Starting from Month 1 to Month 23 inclusive).
If you would prefer to pay in full, the full payment fee is lower than the total monthly instalment fee.
Supplemental fees for English Language Course will also apply if you have chosen the Intensive English Programme.
Additional Information: If you need to discuss anything, please contact the college at firstname.lastname@example.org or our international centres/career advisers directly. The start date of your module is dependent on the enrolment date of your module. The enrolment date is effective from the date of your full payment or module payment. You will not be awarded for any partial or module completion. Once you successfully complete your first year you will be awarded a Certificate in Cost Engineering and at the completion of the two years programme, you will be awarded Advanced Diploma in Cost Engineering.